Saturday, January 30, 2010

Another semi-cooking day...

had another semi-cooking day today. Went very well.
From 1 rotisserie chicken:
1. chicken vegetable soup w/noodles (lunches for at least 2 days)
2. taco chicken (with dark meat)-into the freezer (family meal)
3. Chicken pot pie-deep dish pie pan- into the freezer (family meal)

From 6 lbs of ground chuck:
4. Shepard's pie (also used up real mashed potatoes and corn from Wed. dinner) family dinner
5. large meatloaf (family dinner)
6. 9 mini meatloaves stuffed w/cheese (family dinner)
7. unstuffed cabbage w/rice (family dinner +++ leftovers)
From Frozen stock:
8. 8 cheeseburgers (like whoppers) w/baked fries

8. pumkin pie (this was frozen uncooked, I just cooked it to use oven heat wisely.

I was going to make blueberry waffles and blueberry nut bread in my breadmaker...I'm going to wait and do it tomorrow morning.

For lunch tomorrow, I will use up leftover deli turkey meat for hot turkey sanwiches and cranberry sauce with the soup I made above

This is probably the closest I have come to once-a-month cooking AND I didn't even utilize my crockpot or my bread machine or my waffle maker. Mental note: Take advantage of those in the future. Hope to finish up tomorrow.

No comments: